Friday, November 14, 2008

Ring Pops and Oedipus Rex

I'm wearing/eating a ring pop right now. It's delicious. Strawberry. Mmm. I have to read Oedipus Rex in a few minutes. It is a Greek play written by Sophocles. It should be better than the History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides, which is what my classics class read last week, and was really hard to understand. I'm having fun telling people that I've read books like the Iliad, the Odyssey, and Thucydides. It sounds impressive. Yesterday I went to my sister Amy's book club. They are reading All-of-a-Kind Family by Sidney Taylor. I read it when I was about the girls age, and I loved it. It was so sweet to hear their take on the classics stories that I enjoyed when I was young. Well, I'm going to go read about Oedipus! Wish me luck.

No comments: