Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A pipe that bursts...

So, I've been pretty sick for the last 10 days or so, and when I woke up this morning I was even worse than yesterday. When I came out of my room, I saw that there were a whole lot of towels strewn over our hallway and in our bathroom. Thinking that something was wrong, I called downstairs to ask if the bathroom was usable. My parents told me to come downstairs, so I did. When I got down, I soon realized that something bad had happened, but I didn't realize how bad until much later. The floors were all wet and there were many big buckets scattered across the living room and dining room. I asked my parents what had happened, and they replied that an important pipe had broken early this morning and that, well, our house had basically been flooded. My brain wasn't functioning properly, so it didn't seem like that big of a deal to me. Well, later we found out that the damage was pretty severe. My dad took our rug to be cleaned (It was soaked through with dirty water--not sewage water, just dirty water) and the man at the cleaning place urged my dad to call in some professionals. He did, and they are here right now, trying to dry the place out. The final outcome is something like this: Our basement is full of stuff, and now all that stuff is soaking wet, so we need to deal with that. Our floors are hardwood, and because they got so wet, my mom said that they will probably need to be replaced (because wet wood bends out of shape). Our ceilings also need to be replaced. I keep going back to the fact that God is sovereign over everything, and that this is the best thing for us somehow. Your prayers for me and my family would be greatly appreciated. Well, Happy New Year! =p

1 comment:

Erin Dunham said...

Yeah...what's the use of having a pipe if it bursts?