Today, Allie and Ben and Gideon moved into their own apartment. I am so incredibly happy for them and I LOVE their apartment, but it is definitely a bitter-sweet thing, you know? Here are the top 25 things that I'll miss about them living here (in no particular order), and yes, I'm planning on seeing them a lot, so I'll still have some of these, but it won't be as much.
1. Hearing Ben's laugh as I'm about to fall asleep
2.Gideon being downstairs sometimes when I come down in the morning
3. Gideon's smile
4. Getting Gideon to laugh by saying a random word that he likes over and over (such as the word "surprised")
5.Talking with Allie about getting married and married life and babies
6. Talking with Allie about what kind of person my husband will be and possible prospects.
7. Allie coming into my room to borrow something before I'm awake when she's getting ready for work
8. Borrowing and lending clothes from and to Allie
9. Hearing them come up our steps after I'm in bed
10. Hearing them go up their steps after they get ready for bed
11. Talking to Ben about philosophy late at night
12. Allie's teasing and calling me a dork
13. Ben's teasing and calling me a 'towelhead' when I wrap my head in a towel after a shower
14. Watching Rocky or School of Rock while eating Little Debby Snack Cakes
15. Eating dinner with the whole family and talking
16. Ben asking me not to set the alarm at night because he is going downstairs to make Mac&Cheese or Ravioli
17. Driving with Ben to the grocery store or to pick up fried rice
18. Having a big brother in the house
19. Having a big sister in the house
20. Talking about pimples, makeup, and clothes with Allie
21. Brushing my teeth at night while Ben waits and teases me.
22. Allie coming into my room in the morning right after I wake up and asking, with a mischievous smile, "what are you doing today?" hoping that we can do something together
23. Holding Gideon all the time and watching Allie try to eat while holding him
24. Allie commenting on pretty much everything that "it'll give you cancer"
25. Allie talking about how much she loves 1/2 price appetizers at Applebee's
There you have it. (And yes, I did just have a long, hard cry ;)