Friday, July 24, 2009

Funny little tidbit...

My mom has been planning our 2009-2010 school year recently. One of the things that she is planning to teach the younger kids about is the Revolutionary War. So, as preparatory material, she checked out the entire "Liberty's Kids" series of T.V. episodes from the library. Has anyone ever watched that show? It's an animated show that aired on PBS (I think). Each episode covers a different important issue during the Revolutionary War. There are three kids that live with Benjamin Franklin and are really involved in everything going on. Anyway, I remember watching it several years ago, thinking that the teenage girl was beautiful, but never really understanding the plot of each episode. The kids had already watched a few episodes, and then yesterday I was reading the back of the box it came in and saw that there were actually a bunch of famous actors that guest-starred in the show! Actors such as Ben Stiller (as Thomas Jefferson), Billy Crystal (as John Adams), Whoopi Goldburg (sp?) (I don't remember who she played) and--here's who made me want to watch it--SYLVESTER STALLONE! (as Paul Revere)!!! So, I was like, "Can we watch the one with him in it? Please??" And so we did. It was HILARIOUS! Kind of. I mean, I was really used to him as Rocky--you know, his signature slightly slurred, heavily accented way of speaking that is so endearing. But as Paul Revere, the slur and accent were (mostly) gone. It was still him though. I mean, his voice is always really deep, and it still sounded like him. Anyway, it was fun. =)

1 comment:

Erin Dunham said...

Sylvester Stallone's voice was weird to see on the cartoon, it didn't quite fit the character! Even though I hadn't seen the Rocky movies, I had heard his voice before, I think, or at least had done impressions of it, so it was wierd seeing Paul Reveres character with it!