Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jesus! What a Friend for Sinners

This song ministered to our whole family on Sunday morning, which was even before my Grandpa passed away.

Jesus! what a Friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.

Refrain:

Hallelujah! what a Savior!
Hallelujah! what a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.

Jesus! what a Strength in weakness!
Let me hide myself in Him.
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my Strength, my victory wins.

Refrain

Jesus! what a Help in sorrow!
While the billows over me roll,
Even when my heart is breaking,
He, my Comfort, helps my soul.

Refrain

Jesus! what a Guide and Keeper!
While the tempest still is high,
Storms about me, night overtakes me,
He, my Pilot, hears my cry.

Refrain

Jesus! I do now receive Him,
More than all in Him I find.
He hath granted me forgiveness,
I am His, and He is mine.

I was crying as I sang this Sunday morning. What a fitting, beautiful hymn! I hope that our Savior is wooing you to Himself--He sure is doing that for me more and more every day. Sometimes it seems like my faith/love for Him fluctuates, but in reality, He is "my Guide and Keeper". He is the one who granted me love for Him in the first place. He's never going to let me go. He is continually faithful. How I love Him!

p.s. If you haven't noticed, I love my Savior A LOT.

2 comments:

Maddie said...

wow what a great song! Don't you just love those emotional-faith moments where you are just so overwhelmed by a song or a verse or while in prayer that the tears just start spilling out. God is pretty amazing and I am confident that he will use this hard time that your family is going through for his good purposes. <3 -Maddie

Unknown said...

Hi Katie!