Sunday, September 6, 2009

New title

I decided to change the title of my blog from "the world of katie michelle" to "In love with Jesus". I may fool around with the wording, but that's the gist of what I want to say. What do you think? Maybe you need some background information. Here. I'll explain...

As most of you know, I'm really excited to/really want to get married, have kids, homeschool them, and be a homemaker. Several months ago, I was feeling discontent with my life as it was (school, teenagers, etc.) which is funny because I actually really enjoy school. I just wanted something else. To be grown-up and married.

As I was only 14 then, it was pretty ridiculous in the world's eyes, and in my own. I knew that marriage was something many years away, so why was I discontent with my wonderful life? A life that so many other teenagers probably wish they had?

Then, one Sunday at church, we sang the song, "We Will Dance". It's about Heaven and the marriage of Christ and His bride, the Church. Right then I knew that I could be satisfied with the life of a 14-year-old girl. I no longer felt that I would be discontent until I was married, because I am--right now--the bride of Christ! I began to focus on how much He loves me and how He came and died for me--filthy sinful wretch that I am--and how He chose me. I don't know why. I certainly don't deserve His incredible, devoted love. But He loves me. He chose me. I'm His bride. O the bliss of this glorious thought (to borrow the words of Horatio G. Spafford :)! He took my eyes off of myself and fixed them onto Him. And, He allowed me to have my "brideom" (I had no other idea how to say that :p).

This is going to sound a little silly, but bear with me here. Okay. While we were singing that song (We Will Dance) I started to picture the hag/witch from the Disney "Sleeping Beauty". Yep, the one with the warts and the fingernails and the apple. Can you guess who that was in my mind? Me. And then, I saw Jesus--of course, He was the handsome prince. He then turned me (the witch lady) into His "strong, pure, spotless bride!"

So yes, that is kind of silly, but I think that it is a pretty good allegory--at least the Lord has allowed it to be for me. As a teenage girl, I have to fight the sin of vanity--always wanting to look good and have people's approval. But to God, without Christ's righteousness, I am infinitely more unbearable and unsightly than that witch from Sleeping Beauty. So why did He send His Son, Jesus, to die for me in order for me to be his bride? For His glory. But why wasn't His Son repulsed at the sight of me? How could He love me? I have yet to solve those mysteries.

Anyway, I think that it is helpful for me to picture myself as an ugly, shriveled up, wicked woman. That's what I am. But Christ's blood paid my ransom and set me free. Now, I have His righteousness before the throne of His father (Now also MY Father...another whole post!). And...

I will not fear Your (God's) judgment
For me no wrath I dread
For it was spent on Jesus (my bridegroom!)
Poured out upon His head
When Satan’s accusations
Make my poor heart afraid
I hear my King declaring
“Father, that debt is paid!”
~Jesus My Only Hope

WOOHOO! I get goosebumps whenever I sing that last line--I picture Jesus with His arm around my shoulders, declaring my freedom. :)

There are so many hymns and songs going through my head right now that always cause me to see a similar scene by reminding me of the Gospel. I just love Him so much. I am His. Forever.

Okay. Now I've had my gush. :)

p.s. What are some of your favorite "Gospel" songs?

2 comments:

Whodat said...

Katie,

You are so beautiful with all that humility. Your Husband's (Jesus') righteousness looks soooooo good draped all over you!

Daddy

Anonymous said...

Great post Katie! It was very well put and gospel centred! It's so encouraging to read posts like that!

Love,
Bronte