Monday, July 5, 2010

New Blog: Orange Marmalade :)

Well I have sufficiently neglected my blog, I think. This seems to be quite the cycle, does it not? Oh well. I can only do what I can do. And today I'm going to give you a real treat :)

A wonderful friend of mine, mother of two of my dearest friends, has started a scrumptious blog that I would like to share with all of you. It's called "Orange Marmalade" and it's goal is: "spreading the word on delightful children's literature". Sounds awesome, huh? You can visit the blog at: www.jillsbooks.wordpress.com.

Mrs. Swanson (the blog author) led my book group this past year. Thanks to her, I have found some of my very favorite novels, including "Jane Eyre" and "A Tale of Two Cities" and "The Three Musketeers". Her love of literature is irresistibly contagious--I can't even tell you how much I have grown in my own love of written works in large measure due to her enthusiasm and discussions that we've had. She is also a lover of our Lord, and an amazing person, mother, and friend. :)

One of her posts on "Orange Marmalade" has inspired me to find and read "Winnie-the-Pooh" by A. A. Milne. It is such a hoot!

So, I encourage you to join me in enjoying some delightful "Orange Marmalade". You won't regret it! :)

1 comment:

Maddie said...

yay! a new post! I'll be sure to check out that blog because one of my favorite things to do is read to the little kiddos around here. ;) -Maddie